We are pleased that the Canadian Association of Amusement Operators is able to take advantage of TIAO’s offer of complimentary membership that has been made available to the Ontario tourism industry for 2021 (valid for one year).
TIAO is recognized as the umbrella government advocacy organization serving Ontario’s diverse tourism industry. We facilitate conversations between government and industry to affirm the economic value of tourism.
Annual membership provides members with:
- Exclusive member only access on TIAO website that contains resource
- Timely updates on new or under-review legislation
- Participation in topical conference calls to discuss and share challenges, solutions, and opportunities currently being faced by the Tourism Industry.
- Invitation to TIAO’s lobby event – Tourism Day at Queen’s Park (TBD) – come and meet our Provincial government.
- Special pricing on all TIAO events, such as the Ontario Tourism Summit (October 26 & 27, 2021) and other events.
- A voice that contributes to influencing favourable public policy and decision making by government.
- Being a part of a collaborative network of businesses, partners and allies that support the tourism industry
- Allowing TIAO to strengthen your organization’s voice with government and support finding a solution to any challenges, concerns or obstacles preventing growth as it relates to tourism
Supplementary Member Benefit:
- TIAO has partnered with Global Payments for data reporting. However, they have extended the benefit of ensuring that TIAO members have the best rates for their business model when conducting any transaction other than cash (including American Express). Let me know if this is of interest to you, and I can connect you with Global Payments.
- TIAO is the exclusive provider of Green Tourism certification within Ontario. As a member, your establishment can get preferred rates for certification, as well as access to TIAO member only knowledge groups and resources by Sustainable Tourism 2030
- Interested in extending group health benefits to your members? Receive a complimentary price plan review and quotation from Group Lockhart In alliance with Manulife Financial, help retain good employees and reduce turnover costs. Volume purchasing power for tax-free benefits such as Group Life, Accidental Death, Disability Income benefits, Prescription drug coverage, health coverage, dental coverage as well as tax effective savings through group retirement plans
- Streamline your client interaction – TIAO works directly with SilkStart. A software application that allows you to have your customer management software, invoicing, and event management all within one convenient application. SilkStart has special pricing for any member of TIAO.
- Looking for an intern – TIAO is part of the Baxter Student Ambassador Program – students studying tourism & hospitality within Colleges and Universities participate in a program to gain an opportunity to have internships with locations such as yourself
- Preferred partnership with Telus, get the best access and best rates for your small business. Ask me for more information and I can send you the links where you can contact them directly, or when safe to do so, go directly into your closest Telus store.
Opportunities provided to Members:
- Special Invitation events
- Sponsorship – not only for the events throughout the year, but as working policies or submissions are prepared, and or other opportunities that require Industry dollars, Members are given the first opportunity to participate thus allowing them to align their dollars that match with their overall objectives
Please note the following:
1) Each month we have a 20/20 new member call (TBD). This is an overview call of everything that TIAO does is participating in and where you can be involved or get information should you choose. Don’t worry if you can’t make this call or this time, as we hold this call every month for all new members of that month. It is also a great opportunity to meet other members.
2) If you are interested in a further one on one to share the specific needs/interests of your business with us, please let us now, and then I will follow up with you after that call to have an individual conversation specifically about the needs of your business so that we can represent you best and ensure you are kept up to date and all things that apply to you and those you may be interested in.
3) If you could provide your logo to us in either an .ai, .eps, jpg or png format that would be ideal. We appreciate it – we want to share with our membership that you are on board. (for the site profile we will borrow this from your website – but if you could provide it, it will be better)
4) Do you subscribe to our newsletter? It comes out every Thursday- and has great industry information that is timely and sometimes there is a great nugget in it that may apply to you. You can subscribe with this link here. Subscribe to TIAO Updates!
5) Have you received your Safe Travels Stamp?
The WTTC in conjunction with the industry, including TIAO, has created a self-certified Safe Travel Stamp based on worldwide industry protocols the WTTC has put together for every aspect of the hospitality and tourism sector.
The specially designed stamp will allow traveller’s to recognize governments and companies around the world which have adopted approved health and hygiene global standardized protocols – so consumers can experience ‘Safe Travels’.
Click here for more information and to apply.
Maxine Morrell-West, CTIS, CSTP
Stakeholder Relations Manager
Tourism Industry Association of Ontario
439 University Avenue, Suite 1400, Toronto, ON M5G 1Y8