British Columbia – Technical Safety BC

Excerpts from the Technical Safety BC Website:

Technical Safety BC is an independent, self-funded organization that oversees the safe installation and operation of technical systems and equipment across the province. In addition to issuing permits, licences and certificates, we work with industry to reduce safety risks through assessment, education and outreach, enforcement, and research. Technical Safety BC is responsible for overseeing the safety of roller coasters, ziplines, inflatable devices such as bouncy castles, bumper cars, simulators and waterslides throughout British Columbia in accordance with the Safety Standards Act and the Elevating Devices Safety Regulation. To install and operate an amusement device in BC, you first must be a licensed contractor and have the correct permits. An installation permit lets you install or erect an amusement device and an operating permit allows you to run it. Operating permits are required for amusement rides and devices, including waterslides, ziplines, train rides, wakeboard tows and inflatables. How do I get an operating permit for my amusement device in BC? Applying for an operating permit

How do I become a licensed contractor in BC? Applying for your licence

How do I get an installation permit for my amusement device in BC? Applying for an Installation Permit

How do I register the design of my amusement device in BC? Design registration Info

Does my device require registration in BC? See Exemptions Here


More information can be found on the Technical Safety BC website If you’re not sure whether your amusement device is a regulated product, please contact: Sr. Safety Officer for Amusement Devices on telephone: 778-396-2047 or 250-319-5116 or  by email: